A day in the life of a Reservations Agent
We wanted to give you an insight into what goes on behind the scenes at Fourways Vehicle Solutions. This month we spoke to Nicky and Andy, our two longest serving reservation agents.
Nicky has worked in the reservations team for nearly six years and specialises in the more commercial and ‘harder to find’ vehicles. She also has nearly 20 years’ of customer service experience under her belt.
Andy has worked for Fourways for over 10 years now and has lots of experience in all areas of the company. He previously worked in the Self Drive division and more recently moved across to the reservations team. Andy also acts as a liaison between Solutions and Self Drive, promoting Self Drive internally within reservations.
So, without further ado, here’s what to expect as a reservations agent at Fourways!
No one day in reservations is the same – one minute it can be quiet, the next, five requests for commercial vehicles may come in. We can receive any request from motorbikes, to ice-cream vans, along with all the usual cars, light commercial and prestige vehicles – anything with wheels goes!
Our daily responsibilities…
- Dealing with customer enquiries/vehicle availability via phone, e-mail or through our online booking system
- Providing excellent customer service to our clients at all times, a priority of ours
- Liaising and negotiating with our suppliers to ensure we achieve the best deal for our customers
- Dealing with overseas bookings, keeping our customers moving outside the UK
- Constantly building up commercial knowledge following weird and wonderful requests. We’re always learning
- Always preparing to deal with breakdown or accident emergencies, reassuring our customers
- We take turns to man the 24/7 Fourways emergency number – again there to help and reassure customers when necessary
- Building up our supplier network to ensure full UK coverage. This is ongoing and we’re constantly adding to our wide supplier network and use most major suppliers along with a host of independent ones. Our total reach now is over 1,650 branches – we have access to over 182,000 cars and over 175,000 commercial vehicles through this supplier network
Our reservations team dedicates their time to finding the perfect vehicle for your requirements and will provide you with the best customer service. We have vast experience providing car rental solutions and if you’d like to know more about our national car hire in the UK or overseas, please feel free to get in touch.